Thursday, May 26, 2005

Day 6 - Good morning

I was convinced this blog would give me a purpose each day I never thought it would at 0630am.

Well today is operation, the ticket for the bus is bought, I have a seat and at 0700 the bus leaves for the hospital and the long journey for recovery commences.

This morning I start the long and painful treatment which I hope will put my cancer back into long term remission. Cancer cannot be "cure" in the black and white sense of a tick in the box but it can be contained, destroyed and relieved. No Doctor will ever tell me that I am cured because that cannot not happen.

To remind you I am having my lymph nodes in my neck removed, a long with a wisdom tooth which may of been tricky should it need removing after radiation therapy. Then at some stage in the next few weeks I will be sent for radiation therapy.

I want to thank everyone for their support this week and help you have been great. Some people have found it hard to deal with I know and I am sorry I could not break in any better way but time has not been on my side.

I will different on Sunday/Monday when I come out , I will be in pain, and my mind set will be coming to terms with I have cancer, the nerve loss and feeling around my left ear and cheek, a lip that my droop and a shoulder that will be sore. I will also have the trauma of a scar on my neck. So please please forgive me if I am not the bouncing Nigel you all know, I will get back there but I am only human.

I must go now but send my love and best wishes thank you for sitting beside on this bus journey of life.

I like this quote, come join me:

"Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind."

Love Nigel x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xxxxxxxxx