Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the best laid plans of mice and men etc........

battypatty says; Went in to see Nigel this afternoon but he was not really up to visitors so we bought him a couple of papers and left. He was very lethargic and I believe he is on analgesia. He had not, at that point, had the nasal tube fitted but they were getting ready to do it. I had a text a couple of hours later to say they had failed in their efforts to put it in and the whole procedure was a nightmare. I am guessing here but I would imagine it has got to the point where his throat is too swollen to allow access for the tube and I fear this may now mean he will have to have a stomach tube fitted. I know this , more than anything, is the thing he really fought against but he must get nourishment in him. I just wanted to give him a big hug and take his pain to myself. Will update as and when, Pat.

No comments: