Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just give me your F*c*?ng money

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have sponsored me, with just 6 days to go I need your help to raise just £140. This will mean that I have raised with gift aid over £500 which is amazing considering just 8 months I would have never considered being ever able to run again.

I know money is tight but just £2 will go a long way to helping eradicating this horrid illness and gives others a prolonged life with familiy and friends.

On Sunday April 2nd 2006 I will running Cancer Research's "race for life" 10k, at Powderham Castle, Starcross, Devon.After my struggles to combat and beat mouth cancer in 2005 widely documented in my online blog "The Ferryman's column" It is the least I can do to raise just £500 for vital cancer research in a race in my own village. I am 8 months out of horrifying cancer treatment which will affect my life for ever.

I am using justgiving a well known charity website where the money goes directly to cancer research. I am nearly there with £300 collected and over £75 in gift aid all I need is an extra £125 in sponsorship to push me over the £500. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Cancer Research UK will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

You can donate online at: www.justgiving.com/ferryman

Many thanks for your support.

Nigel "Ferryman" Gooding

No comments: