Thursday, May 18, 2006

One year today - last ever posting

I am one year on, today 12 months ago my tonsil was removed and tomorrow 12 months ago I was formally told I had cancer, but I knew this time 12 months ago today on Otter ward that I had cancer.

I have lived 12 months, today I got a cheque from my pension fund, I have a new permanent job with a huge opportunity and challenge, and share of a Docklands flat, 2 great kids and solvent after last year of spending all my life savings.

It is time to close down this blog, and say goodbye for those who want to keep in touch please do njgooding2002@aol.com

Thank you to all of you who have looked, laughed and cried with me. I still cry, I am still scared sometimes but life is better than it was 12 months ago, without this blog and you I doubt I would have been here.

Love to you and your kin, keep attacking.

Nigel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been a roller coaster year for me too - the first day when you told me, your op and subsequent treatment. Through your blog I always felt part of it all, that I was really there with you and I feel that we have a much better understanding of each other now. The weird sister who kept taking photo's - lol. I am so glad you are happy, employment sorted, a nice lady and woo hoo , Canary Wharf! namedropper! love you, Pat.