Sunday, September 20, 2009

The annual slog - The cancer research 10K


I have some good news today. Its flat, what is I hear you ask my tyre, your chest or your apartment, no Bournmeouth seafront!

It is that time again. My legs hurt and I would rather be in a large comfy chair being waited on by people serving me tea. I can but dream having just returned from a 7k run in readiness for the annual 10k charity bash.

I have raised over £3000 for Cancer Research in the 3 years since my treatment finished. This will be my 4th year

I am taking part in the Bournemouth Seafront, very flat on 18/10/2009 to raise funds for Cancer Research UK and would really welcome your support.

Of course I am going to beg for your money, but I know there is a credit crunch on.

This is my 4th 10k Cancer Research since my cancer treatment and to date I have raised over £3000.Please take a moment to sponsor us. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address: http://www.run10ksponsorme.org/thegoodies

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Cancer Research UK. If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will add an automatic 28% bonus to your donation at no cost to you, making it worth even more. Please join us in supporting Cancer Research UK and a fabulous cause!If you wish to arrange something as low risk as a dress down day I would be delighted to add your collection to my total so that I can raise that £1000 a year I promised to Cancer Research.

I am also running the Great West Ron (Half Marathon) to celebrate 5 years Cancer free in May next year, care to join me?

http://www.thegreatwestrun.co.uk/html/2010_entry.html


Thanks and best wishes, Nigel

No comments: